Home

The Russian Defence Ministry said on Saturday that U.S. jets had killed more than 60 Syrian soldiers in the eastern Syrian city of Deir al-Zor in four air strikes by two F-16s and two A-10s coming from the direction of Iraq.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based monitoring group with contacts across Syria, cited a military source at Deir al-Zor airport as saying at least 90 Syrian soldiers had been killed.

[…]

The U.S. military said the coalition stopped the attacks against what it had believed to be Islamic State positions in northeast Syria after Russia informed it that Syrian military personnel and vehicles may have been hit.

Continue reading:  Russia Says Syria’s Ceasefire Under Threat After U.S. Airstrikes

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Russia Says Syria’s Ceasefire Under Threat After U.S. Airstrikes

  1. I treat all reports for all the factions with suspect. However which faction is responsible for the attacks on the U.N. aid convoy? That attack has the effect of making sure there will not be a repeat attempt to deliver aid to the region. The U.N. already announced they are stopping relief efforts. One or more groups did not want aid to get through to those in the city and now they have gotten their way. Hugs

    • I treat all official statements with suspicion including those made by the U.S. government – which, by the way, is as responsible for the Syrian Civil War as Assad, Russia, Turkey, the Islamic State, and the various rebel factions.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s